Friday, January 22, 2010

Random Ramplings

  • I just realized that I bought organic coffee filters. I didn't even know those existed. They do. I have them. Thank you Sun Harvest for making good decisions for me. Though, I was confused because half of your baskets said "Henry's" on them. Are you changing your name? Is something going on that I do not know about?
  • Ian went to the doctor  yesterday. He weighed 19.7 pounds. Let's just forget about the fact that he was fully clothed with a full diaper. Regardless, he was 2 pounds up from the 12 month visit. We're keeping up the weight gain.
  • Ian's doctor said that she thinks Ian may be teething his 2 year molars. I think she's wrong. He is teething his canine's though. Or, canine. One of them. I usually give him teething tablets. Though, last night, I'll admit that I gave him Motrin last night. He slept all night. He drooled on my arm. And guess what, he's still sleeping right now! I Anywho, Ian slept all night. That's good. Remember yesterday when he woke up at 2:30am? He didn't take a nap. He didn't go down until 8. That's my fault. I forced him to stay awake so we could get him back onto a schedule.
  • I enjoy Ian's new ability to climb. Sort of. He climbs onto chairs and couches. He climbs off the bed when he wakes up.
  • Ian has been keeping me on my toes. I haven't studied for my one class. Nor have I started on my paper. I know this is crazy, but I'm hoping that by the time I take more classes Ian will be easier to handle. You know, because of maturation. I think this is okay. I think Ian is starting his terrible twos. Lol. If they start early, do they end early too? I don't like the name terrible twos. He is more just an explorer. So according to Thesaurus.com we should call them the Traverse Twos. Ian is in his traverse twos. He is into everything. But, when he's destroying things, I can totally see the light bulb going off above his head! So, again, partly my fault. I let him explore. I let him destroy. I feel it helps.
  • Traverse Twos are okay. Because along with destruction, Ian has been giving me 500 kisses a day.
  • After sleeping for 10 hours, I feel like I have drank the equivalent to 10 cups of coffee. I recommend sleep to everyone. Including myself.
  • Is it just me, or was yesterday "These Kids are All Freaking Insane and Out of Control" day. I swear, it was like the day after Halloween.
  • I got art from a student yesterday. It was a folder. I love it. It's my new folder.
Like this? Random thoughts. Sorry. This is how my brain functions. Now, off to do real work.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I destroyed things when I was his age, but moreso when I was past his age, and I turned out okay didn't I? Well, my mom didn't exactly "let" it happen either. But I think everything he is doing is totally normal. This is where concrete rules start coming into play ;)

    ReplyDelete