Friday, July 31, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
- He said "mommy!" Given, he was crying when he said it, he said it. He wanted his mommy. B-e-a-u-tiful!
- He has TWO teeth! They are both on the bottom next to each other. He is still teething his upper ones though. I can see white. Still no breakthrough.
- When I hold his hands when he's standing and let go... he just stands there. Then, he realizes there is nothing to grab onto and lowers himself to the ground and crawls. He can stand. He is not confident.
- He climbs onto our headboard.
- He is a-frikin'-dorable!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part)
- Make a recycling center and use it.
- Potty train Ian.
- Watch an anime with Stephen.
- Save for DSLR camera. I didn't need to! It was a gift. A wonderful, wonderful gift.
- Have wedding pictures printed in a book.
- Start scrapbook for Ian's firsts (or first year).
- Wear heels/wedges every day for a week. (0/7)
- Have a picnic with I-han, Gloria, Tiffany, and Joyce.
Organize pictures on computer.
- Save $10 for every goal acheived.
Take Ian to the beach.08/15/09 - This was fun! Go read the blog on it!
- Go on 20 dates with Stephen. (5/20)
- No fast food for one month. (0/31)
- Send out Christmas cards. Yes! I hope you got yours! :) If not, e-mail me your address and you'll get one next year.
- Do something special (randomly) for 3 friends. (0/3)
Buy Steve Madden wedges.07/24/09
- Fluently speak Stephen's Love Language.
- Go to the dermatologist.
- Get family picture taken.
- Graduate. Yes, but leave it to me to immediately start grad school.
- Have my family over for a home-cooked meal.
- Have Stephen's family over for a home-cooked meal.
- Get new tires for car.
- Expand family. Ian the sequel is due Jan. 15, 2011!!
- Make home-made tortillas. Has not yet been accomplished, but I do have a recipe now! I might make them soon. :)
- Bake Ian's birthday cake from scratch, by myself. Check and check.
- Learn to sew.
- Get recipe card storage. YES! Thanks to my wonderful bridesmaids!!! I'll post a picture of it soon. It's adorable.
- Make my wedding guestbook. I have an amazing idea for the guestbook. Everything (well, almost everything) is bought for it.
- Get body rockin'.
- Eat at Neptune Subs.
- Paint a wall.
- Swim one mile nonstop.
- Have a meal of food with Kevin, Cynthia, and Carina.
- Conveince Stephen to get a manicure, pedicure, or massage.
Go 24 hours without cell phone. For my grandma Dorothy's 70th birthday, I forgot my phone in Austin...
- Start savings for Ian.
Have a movie night with Stephen.We've actually had a few movie nights, but we do need more.
- Run one mile without stopping.
- Have crayfish broil.
- Make own convertible dress.
- Let hair grow out to natural color.
Organize my side of the bed.
- Take grill to the park and have a BBQ.
Swim in the apartment's new pool.07/23/09
- Grow a plant.
- Make a weekly chore list for the fridge and follow it for two months straight. (0/8)
- Invent a coffee-breakfast-meal.
- Get kit and calibrate monitor.
- Become efficient in using GIMP.
Change my last name to Bendig(or Davila-Bendig).
- Take a cooking class.
- Make the cooking class meal for the family.
- Cut coupons for 3 grocery trips.
- Choose days to regularly update blog.
- Be the first one awake in the mornings to have "me" time for one straight month. (3/31) This is happening, but not on purpose.
- Clean out desk.
- Make Goodwill donation.
- Go kyaking with Stephen, but be more competent.
Watch Hangover again. OMG! I love this movie!
- Get "welcome" mat.
Use reusable grocery bags 10 times in a row. (10/10) I keep one in Ian's stroller so that every time we walk to the store, I have one! I need one of those small ones that you can keep in your purse.
- Give monthly progress reports on this list. (3/lots of months)
- Read 5 books. (0/5) - Book #1: 08/22/09 - Ian and I started reading Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon. I'm reading it allowed, might take a while.
- Replace Stephen's truck.
- Have 2 rituals with Stephen. (2/2) Read about it!
- Be santa.
- Get another game system. Can you say Wii?! Goodness! It is so much fun.
- Perfect my mac-n-cheese.
- Start a cooking segment of the blog.
- Use an alarm clock other than Stephen.
- Have a girl's night.
- Have a Harry Potter marathon.
- Go on a Honeymoon.
- Watch the Congress bridge bats.
Start "Ian's Firsts" segment in blog.08/11/09 - Read it!
- Watch a movie at the condo with my parents.
- Breastfeed Ian until 11-07-2010.
Make someone's day. Janet - 08/03/09
- Attend a wedding that is not my own.
- Keep Tattles and Tells active.
- Eat a piece of pizza. I don't remember the exact date. But it was done. And I think I liked it. It was delicious.
- Organize closet. It has been in progress for a while. Don't judge.
- Mail a secret to PostSecret.
- Watch the sun rise.
- Watch the sun set.
- Give random flowers to my mom, my grandmas, and my mom-in-law.
- Eat a salad every day for a week. (0/7)
- Get a massage.
- Make an inspiration board.
- Play a game of Monopoly all the way through.
- Take Ian out of the state.
- Leave a note in a book at a store for a stranger.
- Take prenatals every day for a month. (0/31)
- Send something sweet (as in sugary) to someone through snail mail.
- Go bowling.
Introduce 101 in 1001 to 5 people. (5/5) Ashley, Caroline, Jackie, Geo, Brad
- Do a different workout video a week 3 times a week for 4 weeks. (0/4)
- Have a picnic and roll down the hill on campus that I used to with my family.
- Do another 101 in 1001 for the day this one ends.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Clean out car
- Get car inspected
- Look for wedding shoes
- Buy the most glorious Steve Madden's ever
- Get my Jacqueline dress from Jackie
- Watch mom kill scorpion
- Be grateful for my family
Monday, July 20, 2009
As promised, here is Mommy Goggles mixed in with a Houston updated. We left for our trip Saturday morning at 4am. I know, sounds crazy right? But Ian hates his being in the car. So, we have to leave while he's sleeping. It worked out. We stopped twice. The second time I decided to go ahead and sit in the back with him. As soon as I got back there, he was out like a light. Here is the proof:
Adorable right? You have to tilt your head to the right to get the full effect. We got to Houston around 7:30 am and ate at Classic Cafe. Mmmmmm. We hadn't been there in forever. It was so delicious. When we got back to the soon-to-be-in-laws' place, Ian played on the porch. He saw Honey go through the doggie door. So obviously, he had to go investigate:He didn't go through the door. But, we sure did want him to. Oh well though. Later that night Amy came to join us at the Bendig's. She made the best margaritas that Stephen's mom feel in love with. We ordered pizza and forced Stephen into watching He's Just Not That Into You. It was a wonderful movie. I loved it.
Sunday, we decided to venture out to Kemah. Ian had a blast in the fountains. He was the only kid there! We went really early though. He loves water. It is adorable:
Then, we got hungry. We had to wait for Joe's to open. So, we sat inside because it was so hot outside. It was way past Ian's nap time, so we had to find ways to entertain him. Here he is with Grandpa:
I love his face! He's thinking "Why on Earth are you letting this man hold me?!" Hahaha, Ian and his faces. Then Granny Janny took her turn:
They are dancing to the music. We had a blast at Kemah. But alas, the trip had to come to an end. On our way out of town, we stopped by Starbucks. The whipped cream god, aka Robe, gave Ian his favorite surprise:
He thoroughly enjoyed it. Then Ian got to see him up close and personal. Uncle Robe got his practice in:
AH! I love this picture too. Ian loves Robe, I promise. It was just sunny and stuff. Robe loved Ian. It was fun. Then, we began our 3 hour, 3 stop journey back home. We made it though! Now, I must get back to reality and wedding planning! Oh, how exciting!
I hope that everyone had a good day.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Good evening readers. We just left Houston for home in Austin. I am currently writing this blog in the car. Is that sad? We just left Starbucks downtown and we are one our way. Ian is full of “dada”’s in the back, Stephen is cruising, I’m sipping on a chai tea, and the Lion King soundtrack is softly playing in the background. It is pretty relaxing.
I will save our Houston update for tomorrow because Ian is highly involved in that update. And well, it isn’t Monday. Though, this blog does stem from a small portion of the trip. Amy, Granny Janny, Stephen and I were sipping on margaritas, about to start watching He’s Just Not That Into You when a preview came on.
The movie looked absolutely terrible. However, one of the ladies in the previews was writing a blog about her cooking. I decided I am going to try and do a weekly (haven’t decided the day yet), blog about a new meal I have cooked. I am trying to become more domesticated, so why not right?I have two cookbooks, so most of the recipes will probably be from that. Or they will be slight variations. Or, they could be anything that I find particularly alluring. Deal? I am going to try my hardest to make this happen. I will have to admit, I am pretty excited about this new portion of my blog. I am not a cook by any means. Whenever I help my mom cook, or cook with her watching over my shoulder, by little brothers response is always “YOU made this? It tastes good.” Like, wow! It’s never tasted good before. I don’t know whether to take it as a complement or an insult. I try the first.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
- 5 people stopped me and asked if Ian was 4 months old yesterday. Exactly 4 months old from all of them. Ian is double that. Is he really that tiny?!
- Ian can readily feed himself now. He's a pro.
- In the dressing room at Macy's yesterday, Ian tried to take a walking-step towards my mom. NOT YET! YOU'RE TOO LITTLE!! (He's already standing on his own for a bit)
- Caroline *bridesmaid* made a blog!
- I have made uber amounts of wedding progress. For you married ladies, what did your moms wear to your wedding?
- I rekindled an old romance with Jackie. ;)
- Google Analytics stinks! It keeps messing up my 'hits.' I have no idea how many people actually visit my site.
- Today will be an awesome day!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Then he hung out with T-bone and snacked to pass time. He was so excited that he was being allwoed to stay up past his bedtime. It was adorable.
The fireworks started!! Ian loved it. He was just mezmorized by the fireworks. He just starred and starred at them. But, he was exhausted.
Ian is still watching fireworks and trying not to sleep. My mom gave him back to me and he promptly fell asleep during the finale. They let a few fireworks go off after the finale, that woke him up. He slept the whole way back to the apartment. And he slept wonderfully at night.