Also, Chelsea is having a giveaway on her blog! Go check it out and enter to win... an apron! It fits with today's ToT.
1. Are there any movies that inspire you to bake/cook?
No. Not unless there is delicious food in it. I have not seen Julie and Julia though. I'm sure that would probably inspire me some.
2. What’s your favorite food blog and why?
Bakerella. She bakes the cutest, tastiest stuff. It might actually be the only food blog that I follow. You should check it out.
3. Who’s your favorite celebrity chef?
Celebrity chef? Um, I have no idea. I don't pay attention to that. Rachel Ray might be the only celebrity 'chef' I can think of at the moment. So, I guess that she wins by default. If I think of anyone else, I will come back and change this.
4. What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
My favorite tool? Cookbooks and recipes. I need them to survive. Even though I never follow it exactly, I always change it some. I have to have a starting point like that. Unless I'm making spaghetti or something.
5. When it comes to cooking/baking, what’s your specialty?
Queso. I just made the best queso ever. Evelyn gave me the recipe a long, long time ago. I botched it once. Then, I decided to make it again. Even though my HEB doesn't sell a few of the items in it. So, I substituted a few things. It was extremely tasty.
But really, I make killer spaghetti. Doesn't everyone? It's the easy go-to meal.
6. When in the kitchen, do you wear an apron, if so, any cute ones you’d like to share?
I do not own an apron. :(
7. Is there anything that intimidates you when it comes to baking/cooking? (ex. Pie crust, yeast breads, sauces, etc…)
EVERYTHING! I seem to always mess something up when I'm baking! Unless I'm in my mom's kitchen, which seems to be a normal kitchen on crack.
8. What’s the weirdest gadget in your kitchen?
I don't have weird gadgets! We have a magnet beer opener. But, it's probably the most useful instrument.
9. What’s your go-to music for cooking/baking?
Anything that makes me dance.
10. After several failures, what do you do to motivate yourself to get back in the kitchen to try again?
Stephen. He's very encouraging. He'll even help if I need it. Also, he tells me he loves every meal, even when I'm sure it tastes terrible. :)
What a nice guy.