Sunday, July 26, 2009

101 in 1001

Here is it, I have been working on it for a while. I wanted it to be great.

Visit the Day Zero website for more information on this awesome feat.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part)


Started: Thursday, July 23, 2009
Deadline: Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not Done
In Progress
Completed
Link
Commentary

  1. Get married.
  2. Make a recycling center and use it.
  3. Potty train Ian.
  4. Watch an anime with Stephen.
  5. Save for DSLR camera. I didn't need to! It was a gift. A wonderful, wonderful gift.
  6. Have wedding pictures printed in a book.
  7. Start scrapbook for Ian's firsts (or first year). 
  8. Wear heels/wedges every day for a week. (0/7)
  9. Have a picnic with I-han, Gloria, Tiffany, and Joyce.
  10. Organize pictures on computer.
  11. Save $10 for every goal acheived.
  12. Take Ian to the beach. 08/15/09 - This was fun! Go read the blog on it!
  13. Go on 20 dates with Stephen. (5/20)
  14. No fast food for one month. (0/31)
  15. Send out Christmas cards. Yes! I hope you got yours! :) If not, e-mail me your address and you'll get one next year.
  16. Do something special (randomly) for 3 friends. (0/3)
  17. Buy Steve Madden wedges. 07/24/09
  18. Fluently speak Stephen's Love Language.
  19. Go to the dermatologist.
  20. Get family picture taken.
  21. Graduate. Yes, but leave it to me to immediately start grad school.
  22. Have my family over for a home-cooked meal.
  23. Have Stephen's family over for a home-cooked meal.
  24. Get new tires for car.
  25. Expand family. Ian the sequel is due Jan. 15, 2011!!
  26. Make home-made tortillas. Has not yet been accomplished, but I do have a recipe now! I might make them soon. :)
  27. Bake Ian's birthday cake from scratch, by myself. Check and check.
  28. Learn to sew.
  29. Get recipe card storage. YES! Thanks to my wonderful bridesmaids!!! I'll post a picture of it soon. It's adorable.
  30. Make my wedding guestbook. I have an amazing idea for the guestbook. Everything (well, almost everything) is bought for it.
  31. Get body rockin'.
  32. Eat at Neptune Subs.
  33. Paint a wall.
  34. Swim one mile nonstop.
  35. Have a meal of food with Kevin, Cynthia, and Carina.
  36. Conveince Stephen to get a manicure, pedicure, or massage.
  37. Go 24 hours without cell phone. For my grandma Dorothy's 70th birthday, I forgot my phone in Austin...
  38. Start savings for Ian.
  39. Have a movie night with Stephen.We've actually had a few movie nights, but we do need more.
  40. Run one mile without stopping.
  41. Have crayfish broil.
  42. Make own convertible dress.
  43. Let hair grow out to natural color.
  44. Organize my side of the bed.
  45. Take grill to the park and have a BBQ.
  46. Swim in the apartment's new pool. 07/23/09
  47. Grow a plant.
  48. Make a weekly chore list for the fridge and follow it for two months straight. (0/8)
  49. Invent a coffee-breakfast-meal.
  50. Get kit and calibrate monitor.
  51. Become efficient in using GIMP.
  52. Change my last name to Bendig (or Davila-Bendig).
  53. Take a cooking class.
  54. Make the cooking class meal for the family.
  55. Cut coupons for 3 grocery trips.
  56. Choose days to regularly update blog.
  57. Be the first one awake in the mornings to have "me" time for one straight month. (3/31) This is happening, but not on purpose.
  58. Clean out desk.
  59. Make Goodwill donation.
  60. Go kyaking with Stephen, but be more competent.
  61. Watch Hangover again. OMG! I love this movie!
  62. Get "welcome" mat.
  63. Use reusable grocery bags 10 times in a row. (10/10) I keep one in Ian's stroller so that every time we walk to the store, I have one! I need one of those small ones that  you can keep in your purse.
  64. Give monthly progress reports on this list. (3/lots of months)
  65. Read 5 books. (0/5) - Book #1: 08/22/09 - Ian and I started reading Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon. I'm reading it allowed, might take a while.
  66. Replace Stephen's truck.
  67. Have 2 rituals with Stephen. (2/2) Read about it!
  68. Be santa.
  69. Get another game system. Can you say Wii?! Goodness! It is so much fun.
  70. Perfect my mac-n-cheese.
  71. Start a cooking segment of the blog.
  72. Use an alarm clock other than Stephen.
  73. Have a girl's night.
  74. Have a Harry Potter marathon.
  75. Go on a Honeymoon.
  76. Watch the Congress bridge bats.
  77. Start "Ian's Firsts" segment in blog. 08/11/09 - Read it!
  78. Watch a movie at the condo with my parents.
  79. Breastfeed Ian until 11-07-2010.
  80. Make someone's day. Janet - 08/03/09
  81. Attend a wedding that is not my own.
  82. Keep Tattles and Tells active.
  83. Eat a piece of pizza. I don't remember the exact date. But it was done. And I think I liked it. It was delicious.
  84. Organize closet. It has been in progress for a while. Don't judge.
  85. Mail a secret to PostSecret.
  86. Watch the sun rise.
  87. Watch the sun set.
  88. Give random flowers to my mom, my grandmas, and my mom-in-law.
  89. Eat a salad every day for a week. (0/7)
  90. Get a massage.
  91. Make an inspiration board.
  92. Play a game of Monopoly all the way through.
  93. Take Ian out of the state.
  94. Leave a note in a book at a store for a stranger.
  95. Take prenatals every day for a month. (0/31)
  96. Send something sweet (as in sugary) to someone through snail mail.
  97. Go bowling.
  98. Introduce 101 in 1001 to 5 people. (5/5) Ashley, Caroline, Jackie, Geo, Brad
  99. Do a different workout video a week 3 times a week for 4 weeks. (0/4)
  100. Have a picnic and roll down the hill on campus that I used to with my family.
  101. Do another 101 in 1001 for the day this one ends.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome and I hope/know that you will accomplish it all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 41 & 53- I wanna do it WITH you!!! : )

    73- of course before hand, but the best one for your bachelorette party! : )

    80 & 98- you have! : )

    just thoughtcha (yup, thats a word now) should know.

    XO-
    C-LINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it says 4/5 so I guess since I have now started one you can cross out 98! Only have 27 on mine (except one is "read 10 books" three in progress and 7 to go...including all 7 of Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series LOL!).

    I had a Life List or Bucket List somewhere, but when I moved I lost it, but it is here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete