Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Here's a quick Ten on Tuesday before I wake up Ian.

1. What type of home do you currently reside in? (house, apartment, etc.)
House.

2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your home, what room would you pick, why, and what would you do to it?
I don't have too much of a clue yet because we aren't completely done unpacking and decorating. Perhaps the new make shift office I made yesterday that's also the play area. 



3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style?
Young House Love! It's a blog I follow. They just sold their house and bought a new one. They have fabulous ideas. I also love HGTV (online) and Home Living (is that the name of that magazine?). Basically, just anywhere I can find it!

4. What is your favorite piece of decor in your home?

Mila's room right now because it's the only place with any real decor. 

5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Do you think your home gives off that feeling?

I want them to feel right at home. :) And I don't think it has that feeling yet because we need to finish setting everything up.

6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word.

Quirky. Because it is. It's an older home (which I love) but it's not like all other 70's homes, it has it's own little quirks.

7. What are some predominant colors or patterns in your home?
I think we have different colors throughout, I guess we have a lot of blue, but it's not in our master or living rooms.



8. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
I have no idea. We just moved in so I love all of the rooms at the moment.



9. Do you take a hands-on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help?
DIY all the way. We did have to hire a handyman right when we moved in because we needed a few things done fast. But now, we are more DIY than anything else. The hubs is pretty good at it so far.

10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?

I have no idea! Haha! Ikea (desks)? Craigslist (Mila's glider)? Or perhaps family! That's where we've gotten everything, tons of hand-me-downs. I love them though! We wouldn't have anything without them. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment