Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Klutz

You're going to have to give me a break this morning, I haven't had any coffee yet. I just realized it. This is how I've been lately. Forgetting EVERYTHING. Or breaking things. Yesterday morning, I was picking up the ground coffee and the white filter, when I dropped it. People, I couldn't just let it fall! So, somehow, I ended up getting the wet coffee grind all over the floor, the dishwasher, the pantry door, and the counter. I cleaned it up, then asked Stephen to please clean up the rest. He made a comment about me being a klutz, but actually cleaned it with no fuss.

It's times like these that I'm reminded of yet another reason why Stephen is the one for me. Before we even moved in together, I spilled a glass of wine on my carpet floor. He went to the store with me, bought some Oxy Clean and cleaned it up for. His amazing ability to laugh at my clumsiness and help clean it up continued on when we moved into together and lived in our first apartment. Remember, I have a knack for these things. I wouldn't suggest trying them out. Seriously. One traumatized example:

I was in elementary school and I was helping my mom get ready for my birthday party. I dropped a 3 gallon container of Hawaiian punch and it was all over the kitchen. I can't make this stuff up. This is just what I do.

These stories could go on and on. But, I'll give you a break. Back to my point. This makes Stephen the one. Through all of my extremely klutzy experiences, Stephen always laughs it off and helps me. This is a great quality to have. In many ways, I'm much like a child. He has patience for my ability to destroy a room. What a wonderful quality.

Today, I'm going to leave you to read another blog. This was an expensive, but very cute idea. If I had $100 to spare, I'd probably do something very similar. Austin is full of homeless people, so I'd definitely go broke.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. i totally do the bag project! its so neat. my church puts them together so it's not nearly as expensive, but regardless, i know that the less fortunate appreciate them. try it out! : ) : )

    ReplyDelete