Friday, February 19, 2010

Show N Tell

I couldn't wait until Monday to do a blog on Ian. It's been so long! And seriously, he's changed so much in so many ways. It's ridiculous. And amazing. He's such a toddler. As we speak, we're reading a book. It's the Itsy Bitsy Spider book that Aunt Lisa gave us. As we read it, there are little popups throughout the book. Ian always acts shocked and goes "AHH!!" and then he opens the little popups and reveals what's underneath. We read the book about 100 times a day. I'm not sure how it's still so shocking. I'll have to get a video of him doing it. It's hilarious. I laugh a lot throughout my day.

Ian is about 15 months old now. He did have his check up. No, he is not 20 pounds yet. But, he is getting really close to being back on the charts now. And yes, his head is still in the 75th percentile. It's ridiculous. He has a huge head (in comparison to his body). Despite how much he eats, I swear, he's getting skinnier. His pants are the right length now though, which is cool. But, they always fall down. Even over his diaper. I don't really have this particular problem, personally. I may just buy some clothes pins and pin them up! I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. Or, I'll just let him wear his suspenders with every single outfit. That plan sounds like a winner.

In other news, not only has Ian's vocabulary grown tremendously, but he has crossed that barrier between single word usage, to two word sentences. There are only two that I've heard: "hot water" and "me bubba." It's cute. He'll point to Stephen and say "dadda" then me and say "mamma" then he'll point to himself and say "bubba." I don't know where he learns these things. He's hysterical. He even reads to me. Like right now, he's reading Itsy Bitsy Spider. He basically turns the pages, points to the pictures, does the popups, and spouts nonsensical words at me.

That is all of your Ian fill for the day. I have to save something for Monday, right? But, I will leave you with a wonderful picture. This picture describes one of Ian's most favorite things to do lately. And it also makes me super happy and smile every single time I see it.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment