Friday, February 26, 2010

Remembrance & Celebration

I haven't posted a blog today. And it's because I didn't know what to say. I've been wanting to write a blog about Dee Wright, but I just didn't know what to say.


You can click the image to  go read the blog. Her son, Dallas, is writing nearly daily updates. Today, he asked that everyone share their stories about his mom: "how you met her, how she changed your life, who she was to you, no matter how long or short. We just want to know what she did to put a smile on your face because she always had one on hers." It was after reading that, it hit me. I mean really hit me. During work today, I thought about what I would say. Truth is, I came up with nothing. I decided to just write spur of the moment. So here it goes...

How I met Dee Wright

In high school, I dated her son Dallas. But, that's not how I met Dee. I met her right before that. Around Christmas dance, sophomore year. I remember thinking that this woman was extremely bubbly and loving. I immediately felt comfortable around her. Throughout the next few years, she also became a friend of my family.

How Dee  Changed My Life

Well, she taught me lots of things, but mostly, just to be happy. Dee always, except for maybe once, has had a smile on her face. Not only that, she constantly has big plans on her agenda. If she felt injustice, or that someone wasn't treated right, she definitely wasn't afraid to stand her ground and fight for things. She has a very welcoming and kind spirit. She always opens her home and heart in a time of need... or really just for anything.

Her enthusiastic attitude and contagious smiles will be remembered and missed.

Please, keep this wonderful family in your thoughts.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment