Friday, April 8, 2011

Super Hero Moms

Ian is sick today so I am keeping him home from school. Nothing bad, I think it's just a cold (cough and runny nose). I guess it could be allergies too. But, I don't want him having to spend all day at school when he's feeling crummy.

To prepare, Amy and I went to Target last night and bought Ian some play dough. I thought it might be time. And I think I was right. He had so much fun with it this morning!


It's Cookie Monster and you can mold letters and food and feed them to him. Ian had a blast! Now, we're just lazy and lounging around.

This also made me realize. My house has fallen apart this week. Ian has been more clingy because he doesn't feel well. And thank goodness Mila has been an little better and enjoys her new formula. She has even slept through the night a few times since the switch, so I think it's sitting with her a lot better. Though, it's a bit of a pain in the ass because it's a ready-to-go formula that must stay refrigerated and thrown out after being out for an hour. We'll figure it out though, whatever it takes to make her comfortable.

Which brings me to my next point. Congratulations to all of those moms of two out there! Yesterday, I left my wallet in the parking lot of an HEB. I called back later and someone had actually turned it in. They didn't take any money. I am so grateful and relived, you have no idea! I actually had cash in there for once. But I mean, really, I have no idea how mom's do it and are still able to think straight and make it through a whole day. It. Is. Exhausting.

Which brings me to yet another point:

This is my family from a while ago. Can you count the kids in this picture? I'll help you, 3. There are 3 kids. How is my mother still able to have coherent thoughts, or even have strings of words come out of her mouth that make any sense at all? I'd like to say it's because I was such a great kid that I made it easy on her. But still, it's rough! You might as well put a big S on the front of her shirt and call her Super Mom.

That's all for now. Must go take care of my sickling before work. :) Have a great Friday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment