Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Link it up over at Roots and Rings.

1. What do you do for a living?
I am a photographer slash stay at home mom. And I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm loving spending so much time with the babies and getting to devote time to a beloved hobby.
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
Getting to spend time with my kids when they actually want to spend time with me. I am  hoping that they always want to, but I don't know. So, I am getting as much time with them as possible until then. And with the other job? As a photographer? I love capturing special moments for other families. I love lifestyle photography, to capture families' personalities during that time frame. So awesome! I'm actually pretty lucky. :) So is Deana!
3. What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
Sometimes it can be overwhelming, like if I need to get something done. For example, today I was only able to accomplish getting the dishes done. Two mobile kiddos is a huge adjustment for me... I'm hoping to fully adjust soon.
4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
A mommy? I don't know! I love being a mommy. I love being around kids. I love doing "business" type things... I think I have the best of both worlds. I think in the future I may go back to school (when the kiddos go to school) and get my certification to teach. Though, I can't really decide what I want to teach! I guess I have a few years to decide on that.
5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?
Um... staying at home with the babies and photography! I love both so much. Though, I don't know why they call it "stay at home" mom, because we don't really stay here too much, unless I'm having a lazy day. Someone should pay me to Zumba... it's my newest addiction. Oh, nobody would ever pay me to cook, but I'm really loving it lately. My sweet husband pretends to like everything too... it's wonderful.
6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
Hmmm... I'm assuming it means other than mine... there are so many jobs! I'm currently watching 30 Rock, so I'd want to do 2 things, 1. See what it's like on the 30 Rock set and 2. See how similar it is to an actual writing job. :) How fun would that job be?! Amazing!
7. If you had to do manual labor, what would you do?
What?! You want me to do manual labor? I would say that my previous job in child care was manual labor... and I loved it! So, I'd do that again. Does baking count? Jackie bakes and loves it, so if that's manual labor, I also want to do that.
8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
Hmm... calculus? I don't currently use that, though I'm sure if I had a math-type job, I would.
9. Who was your favorite boss?  Why?
Well, I loved, loved,loved, Rhonda Hauser. Best boss ever, but that was for an internship. She thought everything I did was awesome. That was very cool and made me pretty confident and wanting to do more. I haven't really had any 'bad' bosses, I think I've liked almost all of them. Minus the other job I had at UT. But, I've been extremely lucky here, Laura Colangelo was super awesome too. And now, I'm my own boss, and I too, rock.
10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
Dunder Mifflin. I have a horrid confession to make, I haven't seen the Office, UK because I can't understand what they're saying and I have to focus too much. Initech, really??! Dunder Mifflin is the bomb.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment