Saturday, October 2, 2010

3rd Trimester

25 weeks.
Today kicks off the beginning of the third trimester. There is some argument as to whether the third trimester starts anywhere between 25 to 28 weeks pregnant. I'm going with now, but I have a few reasons.

  • I have to carry Tums with me again. Heartburn is rampant again people. I got this amazing break during the second trimester, but it is back.
  • About half the time, I need help rolling over because my pelvis hurts so bad.
  • I know that I'm short, but if I sit down, the baby can be in my pelvis and kick my ribs at the same time. I found this out at lunch yesterday when we were saying prayer, I had to immediately jump up in the middle of it because I couldn't handle it. Note to self: no more sitting unless slightly leaned back.
  • I waddle.
  • Baby fever is becoming rampant.
  • My glucose test is coming up.
Let's move onto how Mila is doing. She's 25 weeks and weighs as much as an average rutabaga, about 1.5 pounds. She's going to start filling out more now and be chunky! And she's 13.5 inches long. That's about as long as a recorder, I know Amy knows what that is. It's times like these that I wish I had my midwife. She was able to tell me how big Ian was just by feeling my belly. About 100 times more accurate than the ultrasound. I miss my midwives.

How is Ian coping?
He is now to the point where I can say "Where's your sister?" and he'll point to my belly or give her a kiss. I was impressed, I don't think I've used that word very often, maybe the big brother book does. He still calls her eeela. It's super cute. I'm really hoping his transition into big brother hood goes as smoothly as possible.

I'll try and get Stephen to take a picture this weekend. We'll be a little busy though.

Blog out.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment