Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Before we start this weeks Ten on Tuesday, just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful, amazing husband and father of my children! He's 27 this year, steadily approaching 30. :)

1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I think I'm named after that hit 80's song, Amanda. Plus, it was the name of one of my mom's bffs, but I'm not sure how they chose it.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
Of course because my parents are hilarious. My initials before I was married were ADD. Thankful, with Stephen, they're now ADB. :)

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I kept my middle name just to make it less confusing. But, I adore my maiden name, so it's now Mila's middle name. Poor thing has a really difficult name to say.

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
We did not. It was hard enough finding names that we both liked and could agree on.

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I always had baby names at one point or another. But neither of my kids' names are those that I thought of then. Could I have said that anymore confusingly?

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Yup! We didn't keep them, though we sort of started on in our family, but I don't know if it'll stick.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I look at both. I want a name that I really like, but I also didn't want anything that had a negative connotation attached to it.

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
My pets always had very pet names... nowhere close to human names.

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Yes. And it doesn't help that I'm a teacher, so there were a baligion names that we couldn't use.

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Ian and Mila. :) Those are my kids' names! I'm sure that I have a few lists around here with a trillion or so names on them that I love.

That's all for now folks! I've been up since 330 this morning with Mila. So, I'm already tired! Time to go make the bambino's lunch and really get the day started. Sorry for the plethora of posts. I'm sure if you're a subscriber, your phone was blowing up... my bad. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment