Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pros and Cons

I have made a 101 in 1001 list. I will post it soon. I am having a dilemma though. I'm going to go ahead and tell you that #3 is "Switch to Wordpress." I haven't decided if I really want to do this or not.

Layout
For me, Wordpress wins out. I love the Wordpress layout. Bloggers is boring. You cannot create "Pages" like you can on Wordpress either. That is really annoying.

Tracker
Wordpress also wins out here... I think. Blogger doesn't have one. I had to get the google one... it's called Google Analytics. Anyways, it is constantly messing up. I will lose veiwers days later. It's annoying. I like how Wordpress has theirs built in. And to my knowledge, it doesn't have any glitches like Blogger does.

Customizability
Blogger wins. You can customize until you are blue in the face. Wordpress cannot. (Like the new layout?)

Interface
I like Blogger's interface. It may be just because I'm used to it. But, I love it. It is easy and very user friendly.

Comments
Wordpress wins. Unless this glitch has been fixed, on Blogger you cannot have an embedded comment if you have a customized blog. Hence the extremely annoying pop-up window.

Hassle
Everyone already knows this web address. It might be annoying to have to switch it. Then, what if I want to change it again?! I don't know. I think it might frustrate some people. I already have the Wordpress address just in case.

I will think about these pros and cons. When I make my decision, I will post my 101 in 1001. I may have a new #3 though.

Blog out.


No comments:

Post a Comment