Thursday, December 3, 2009

Graduating!?

This is my second to last day of school. I have finished my site project and portfolio. Now, just being an intern for today and tomorrow, then walking on Sunday! It is so great! Hook 'Em!

Wow, how weird. I'll be a UT Alumni. I was talking to a friend yesterday; I never thought that I'd be graduating while engaged to an amazing man with the cutest baby on earth. If you would have told me that my freshman year, I would have called you a liar.

I am excited to graduate, but sad to leave the lab school. It has been fun working here. Despite the "working for free" aspect. But, I loved it. Now, I have to think about taking the next steps. Do I immediately get a job? Do I take some time off and prepare for the wedding while enjoying being a stay-at-home mom  for as long as possible? I am lucky to have options.

I'm at work, so I have to make this blog quick. But, I also wanted to throw a thank you out to my parents. My mom has watched Ian for a year and a half for me, allowing me to go to school. This is an amazing gift. I literally couldn't have done it otherwise. And my dad, also amazing and giving me breaks on the weekends. I can do work while he plays with Ian.And of course, Stephen. I couldn't have survived. He has supported me through school and read all of my papers when I needed help. He has been putting food on the table, grocery shopping, cleaning, doing laundry, everything. Everyone has been so helpful. And for that, I am forever grateful.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment