Monday, August 9, 2010

Mommy Goggles

I don't have any new pictures of Ian, but I do have lots to say! I may take some pictures of him later and post them to make some of those people who enjoy pictures happy.

Are you keeping count? My little man is now.... wait for it... 21 months old! He's getting so old! Just think, soon, I'll be having to plan his second birthday party. That's just ridiculous. I can't believe it. I need to make his 2 year check up appointment too.

Ian has been up to a lot lately. He is really into using different inflections now. My favorite is his question words. "Mommy?" "Hi?" It's hilarious. He's so cute.

He's really into generalizing too, which is awesome! (Parents, as a side note, when your kiddos generalize, it's because they're getting smarter. They are able to apply what they know to new things. This also goes for those toddlers that start saying things like "feets." So, when this happens, be excited!) When he's in the shower, he'll stand under it to fill up some of his tupperware and he'll say "rain!" You know that's cute! He's also started to think that maybe there is also a baby in his belly, and not just in mommy's. I didn't realize this, but he'll show Papo his belly and point to it and say "baby." Maybe we should work on that?

Yesterday, my mom and I got this crazy notion that we should take Ian out running errands with us. And, it was a good idea! (for the most part). He's just been so happy lately that it's insane. When we were in Target, he'd keep giving us a huge cheesy smile and he laughs so hard and so much. It's been a real blessing. I don't think I've seen a happier kid. Then, we went to DSW.

Now, in the past, every single time I've taken Ian there, he has gone insane. I mean really, insane. I couldn't figure it out. At first, I thought maybe it was because he loves shoes as much as I do, how awesome would that be? My mom thinks it's the music. When I stop to think about it, it's probably the music, it's probably the awesome mirrors, it's probably the isles and how he can run everywhere and it's like a huge maze.

We held our breath and took him into the store. Everything was fine and dandy until my mom put him down to try on shoes. Ian would try and hide and run from us, just laughing and giggling as loud as he could. Then, he'd stop to dance and run some more. Then, he'd flirt when everyone. Look at himself in the mirrors.... just having a grand ol' time. Needless to say, my mom and I were sweating and exhausted by the time we left. Ian had a great time though. We were sure he was about to pass out so we brought him home to Stephen for a nap and continued on with our day.

Later, I found out that Ian didn't nap, at all. He was asleep by 830 and awake by 630. That's my boy. I don't know how he does it. I need to find out how to channel this energy and then give myself some of it... if you're nice, I'll give you some too.... if you really need it.

Blog out.

Photobucket

1 comment: