Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mommy Goggles

I forgot to update yesterday! Oops. Well, here it goes (I'll be doing Ten on Tuesday tonight I think, maybe).

Ian


He's been such a rockstar lately! I'm not sure if he can have anymore personality than he already has. He's hilarious, loves to make people laugh. He's outspoken and extremely energetic. He's loving to sing and dance. He's been eating like a champ! That's right, he was 21.7 pounds at his last doctor's visit. Incredible! He's gained two pounds since his 18 month check up, I was very pleased.

He says crazy things like "you're crazy!" He is no longer into giving kisses (unless he's going night night), instead he gives lots and lots of big, long hugs! I love it! He's very into babies now too. Some of his current favorite things: grandpa, Word World, pizza, peanut butter, smoothies, cars, flips, sports, and tons of other foods I could list, but would take up this whole blog.

Today, we go to the dermatologist to get his blood vessel thing removed. I'm super nervous. My mom is going with me in case we have to hold him down, or heaven forbid, he cries and I need therapy. I literally have no idea what it's going to be like. It's a little frightening. Though, he's been keeping his bandaids on, which is amazing. He kept pulling it off, so I took his hands and I talked to him. I told him it was really important that he keep it on and to stop playing with it, etc. And guess what? He left it alone! I think it is just a coincidence.

Besides not wanting to take his nap during the day, he has been doing amazing. In fact, just yesterday he got into the A&D and rubbed it all over his body, even his hair. He actually did a good job and his hair was all slicked forward. He also tells me "no" all the time now, but in a really cute way, so it's very hard to take it personally.

Baby Girl


I thought I'd update you on names that we almost named her before we decide to reveal her name (although, some of you already know it). My number one name was: Ellyn Elizabeth. Stephen hated the name Ellyn and thought it made her an old person. Haha! I really wanted to call her "El."

Next name, Evangeline. Now, this name is still one of our top favorites. We love it. Evangeline has a million nicknames. Besides the cruel fact that her name will be an hour long, we really enjoyed it, but found that we still liked another name even more.

Here was another one of my favorites: Isla. Pronounced EYE-la. I think it goes beautifully with Ian and then they could both have 'I' names (no, they don't). Again, Stephen didn't like it and the name doesn't really mean anything besides island... and that's a little lame.

There was even a time when we wanted to name her Mary Jane. Mary - ode to my mom; Jane - ode to Stephen's mom. However, I couldn't handle the drug association, so we nixed that one. My next thoughts were our mom's middle names... Stephen can't remember his mom's middle name. Yes Janet, you read that right. How ridiculous is that? I think his old man brain is starting to get to him. So again, that idea was voted out.

Now, her name was our top contender for Ian's girl name (no, it's not Eliot). We loved it then and we still love it now. It is in fact in the baby name books, so we did not make it up. That's all I'm giving you. :)

Blog out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I told him it was really important that he keep it on and to stop playing with it, etc. And guess what? He left it alone! I think it is just a coincidence.--haha, this is so funny.

    There was even a time when we wanted to name her Mary Jane. Mary - ode to my mom; Jane - ode to Stephen's mom. However, I couldn't handle the drug association, so we nixed that one.--and I told you so!!!!!

    ReplyDelete