Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

I'm writing this post on my very irritating lap top. I think I'm going to buy a new keyboard. Actually, my manufacturer doesn't make one, so it'd be off brand. But, at least I'd have all of the keys. They are only about 20 bucks.

Ah! On Stephen's computer now, much better. Anyways, before I start my Ten on Tuesday, I wanted to share with you my favorite part of the day. Most people would think it was this part of my day:


When Ian actually sleeps. And though, I must admit, this is a close second, it does not win the gold. Stephen and Ian sleep in the bed and I have been sleeping on the couch (it's the only place that helps my back). In the morning, Ian will wake up super early and walk out to the couch and climb up onto the couch with me. Sometimes he falls back asleep, sometimes he doesn't. I don't really care. But I love that first thing in the morning, he comes to the couch to cuddle. Then he'll usually say "tasty. tasty." Usually followed by "waffle" or "smoothie," you know, whatever he's in the mood for that particular morning... most of the time, both.

Sorry for the delay, here's my Ten on Tuesday.

1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging?
At this moment in time, I don't drink coffee, which is usually a sin to say. I'm an avid coffee drinker. When I'm pregnant, not only am I not supposed to drink caffeine, but it makes me incredibly nauseous and I don't sleep for days. However, when I am drinking coffee, my average day is Folger's with creamer. When I'm splurging, it's Starbucks Coffee or Americano with cream.

2. What is your genre of books to read?
I read all types of books... all of them. But, I find that I really enjoy reading Sci-Fi. Yes, that surprises me too. I read an entire book yesterday consisting of that genre. It was great. Those are usually the books that I cannot put down. But, again, I'll read all types.

3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
Wherever my kids are, hopefully they stay together and hopefully it's wonderful. I imagine that I'll live there and travel with Stephen wherever we want to go. I'm not too picky. I know if it were up to Stephen, we'd go somewhere with a beach and we'd live like beach bums, I can imagine that.

4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
I took speech when I was 17, and I would have probably talked about soccer. :)

5. What word describes you best?
mom. That word really leaves a lot open.

6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
Surprisingly, Houston this weekend. We get to see the in laws, plus my sister in law and nephews! I'm pretty excited!

7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
It depends on who I'm talking too.

8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
One extra, non working day a week.

9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
Burnt orange and white and a longhorn named Bevo....

10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
All of the subjects, I'd teach babies like I do now, or elementary school. Or, I'd teach about babies to high school or college kids. Or, I'd teach anybody math. I could teach several different subjects.

That's it for today!

Blog out.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment