Thursday, July 1, 2010

San Antonio | Sea World

We took a last minute, mini vacation to San Antonio this week. It was a lot of fun! Before even checking into our hotel, we headed to Sea World. I was shocked when I realized that Stephen had never been before. Mainly because he was naming all of the fish and knew so much. The boy does love marine life though, so I guess that's to be expected. Last time, Ian was sleeping when we saw the dolphins and sharks, so this time, we started there.


Ian really liked the dolphins. He would even say "dolphin" and point when they came close. Next time, we'll feed the dolphins! Then, we were off to look at the glorious fish and sharks. Since it's hard to take pictures in such a dark room, I became obsessed with silhouettes. I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I am posting both of them. Here is Ian and daddy looking at some fish:


Here is Ian and his daddy looking at sharks:


Scary!! But, Ian really enjoyed it. He was running around like he owned the place! Case in point:


He acted like that the entire time. I have no idea where he gets it from. After that we went to see the sea lions. I love sea lions. They are so crafty.


Not to mention, stinking cute! I really have an urge to get on my belly and fly across that all day long. Some of them did. Some of them had babies and just relaxed in the shade instead.


Then, we ran over and watched the Shamu show! Ian didn't seem so scared this time. He watched, and clapped, and had a grand ole' time. We were going to watch another show but it started raining and I was scared it was going to storm, so we left. Turns out, I was wrong (for the time being). But, it's okay. We bought the fun pass. We can go back before Jan. 2 and watch the shows! Worth it.

I then realized, we had never been to a hotel with Ian. He really seemed to enjoy it.


I had never seen a mini fridge bring so much joy to somebody. He kept taking treats out of it and eating them while prancing around on the bed. He's hilarious. We got to have dinner with our friend Michael. He lives in San Antonio. That was a nice treat. I forgot both my phone and my camera, so I have zero pictures of that happening.

Finally, today, we went to the Children's museum (Ian had a blast and cried when we had to leave). And we stopped by Michael's hotel to say bye before we headed out.


We were waiting around for the bossman. That's how Stephen entertained Ian and me.

Needless to say, it was a very fun vacation!!

Until next time, Blog Out!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. awesome!LOL wowsers he really likes that fridge he looks more excited bout the mini fridge than the dolphin ! :)

    ReplyDelete