Monday, September 6, 2010

Mommy Goggles

I'm here to post today! YAY! I know, you're very excited, just like me.

Ian
Yes, my baby is still in his cast. Obviously. I'm going to try and call an orthopedic today, though I'm sure they're closed. Ian hasn't had any pain medicine, including Motrin, in almost 24 hours now! I think it's safe to say that he's feeling a lot better. I'm glad. This was him yesterday morning:


He was a little out of it. But, he still ate most of his breakfast, which is awesome. (Side note: Stephen's making breakfast right now, how I love the holiday weekend!) Ian is also very aware that he is allowed to be more bossy now:


Do you see how he is ordering me around? I mean, it's nothing new, just a little more persistent now. Ian is already using a weird crawl to get around. Both hands and one leg. He even kept asking my dad down to walk yesterday when we went to the park. I don't know how I am going to keep him from walking for so long. I hope that the doctor is able to find a happy medium with me, but probably not.

Yesterday, we took Ian to the park and we fed cheetos to the birds. I know, I forgot the bread and it's all we had... Ian even threw some to the birds, he had fun but was really tired.


He promptly feel asleep in the stroller on the way back. He was worn out. He slept for about 2 hours. His injury naps have been at least 2 or 3 hours. It's ridiculous. I have a feeling those long naps will end soon.

Other than that, he's been doing amazing. I still can't believe my not-even-two-year-old broke his leg. Who does that?! I bought this carrier to make it easier for me to carry Ian around.


It's a pretty neat carrier. You can front, side, and back carry. We'll buy a newborn insert for when the new baby joins us (I'll be revealing her name in this post!). Right now, I'm really digging the back carry. It evens me out really well: one baby in back, one baby in front. It helps my back too. I'm sure I look ridiculous.

Notice in Ian's pictures, he's wearing a onsie. We also bought 6 onsies. We figured it would be a lot easier to change is his diaper that way. So, he'll be wearing them a lot. Not to mention easier to move in because the cast goes up to his mid-thigh.

Fun Fact: If/when Ian gets a hard cast, we will all be signing it because I think it'll be awesome.

The End.

Mila
Yup! That's her name! Mila! We love it. It was also our favorite name with Ian (if he were a girl). And we really tried to like other names. But come January, we will be welcoming Baby Mila into our family. I had to reveal it because every time I mention her, I type her name than have to delete it, so it was only a matter of time.

This week Mila is the size of a carrot, length wise. And it says she's nearly a pound. But, given that she was nearly a pound at her check up, I'm assuming she is a pound now.

Ian still loves to give his baby sister kisses. We're teaching him that baby's are awesome. So awesome in fact, that he'll pick up a stuffed animal and call it a baby and then smother it with hugs. He has no idea what is about to happen, but we're trying to prepare him as good as possible. I think he'll be a great big brother.

Blog out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. aww ! LOL I love the pointing picture in the monkey onsie CUTE !

    ReplyDelete