Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

I am doing this with one arm while Ian snuggles in my lap. No Sharpie Liquid Pencil review today, you'll have to wait one more.

1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
None. I never had a lovey or anything of the sort.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
Ian. Does that count? If I left him at home, I'd definitely go back and get him because he's only 2. Other than that, my cell phone. No, I don't go back to get it if I leave it at home. I just live without it.

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
In my bed? I don't know, I don't really get the chance to hide away from everything. Is that bad? Before I was pregnant with Mila, I would wake up before everyone, make some coffee and sit in the big comfy chair and relax with my coffee for a little bit. I'm too tired to do that right now and I can't drink coffee. Maybe after she's born.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)

I only get to pick one thing? I guess it'd be his ability to read my mind. Yes, I'm being serious. I really don't have to do or say anything (that I'm aware of) and Stephen knows just what I want or how to fix it. It's an awesome quality.


5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
Man, today's questions are tricky. I think the best thing about my job are the little things the kids will say or do. Like, if you've been working on something and one day, it finally clicks and they get it. Or, when they say things like "Mrs. Amanda, you make my day." That is definitely the best part of my job.


6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
"If you can't tell me about it, you probably shouldn't be doing it." I love it! As I got older, it was "your grandma" or "your family" but it was always the same. And I completely agree. I hope we get that across our kids. :)

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
Currently, that Bruno Mars song, Just the Way you are. I have lots of songs that bring a smile to my face.

8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
Gee, a whole lot of favorites. My freedom to do what I want...

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Reminds me of being a child? I don't know, my mom still makes similar/same meals. But, I did love when I was sick and my mom would make us a grilled cheese and chicken soup. It still makes me feel better.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
I'm brutally honest (good and bad I guess); I'm always there for my friends and family (unless I'm pregnant and forgetful, but I still try); my good listening skills (I may not always active listen though, because it drives Jackie insane, but I'm listening)

And that's it for today! Now, time for Ian and I to get ready for our day.

Blog out.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yay i read it what i nice ten on tuesday who comes up with these questions

    ReplyDelete